What's cuter than a little man made out of chopped meat and bandaged up with strips of dough? Hm, well, when you put it that way ...
All I know is my kids enjoyed ripping these little meat people limb from limb and chomping them up. Dipped in a pool of their own blood, of course. I mean catsup.
Here's the recipe, from our popular DIY book, Real Family Halloween Fun:
Serves: 4-8, depending on how big you make your mummies.
1 lb. lean ground beef
⅓ c. breadcrumbs
2 T. soy sauce
2 T. + extra catsup
1 tube of refrigerated dough, like pizza or biscuit dough
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Prepare the meatloaf: mix together the ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, soy sauce and 2 T. of catsup.
3. Make meatloaf mummies by shaping little men out of the meat mixture.
|There's something so wrong about making a person out of chopped meat.|
4. Open the pizza dough (pop!) and flatten pieces out with your fingers.
5. Wrap the meat people with ½” strips of flattened-out pizza dough to look like bandages. Leave space for eyes.
|Now he looks comfy.|
6. Cook uncovered in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
7. Once out of the oven, you can add some personality by using ketchup to create eyes.
8. Serve with extra catsup.
You may also enjoy: