Tuesday, May 15, 2012

That Playdough you have to cook





















I didn't mean to, but yesterday I made that Playdough you have to cook. I was browsing a fun blog called Musings from a Stay at Home Mom (http://musingsfromasahm.com/), and I was struck by the beautiful photo there of multicolored "Easy Homemade Playdough in less than 10 minutes." So I sent DS out with DH for cream of tartar and in no time at all we were making a huge mess in the kitchen. 

About 5 minutes into the recipe I realized we were supposed to cook this glop on the stove. Sheesh. But I forged ahead...

In the end, we produced a big wad of warm, perfectly serviceable Playdough. I'm not sure if this is a superior product to the no-cook version, but it was fun to make.


As usual, all we had was olive oil.








Doesn't look too promising, does it?


But it turned out fine. And warm Playdough feels good on your arms.













































Here's the recipe, from http://musingsfromasahm.com/:

Easy Homemade Playdough in less than 10 minutes

Ingredients:
• 1 cup flour
• 1 cup water
• 2 teaspoon cream of tartar
• 1/3 cup salt
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• food coloring

Instructions:
1. Mix together all the ingredients, except the food coloring, in a 2 quart saucepan. 
2. Cook over low/medium heat, stirring. 
3. Once it begins to thicken, add the food coloring. 
4. Continue stirring until the mixture is much thicker and begins to gather around the spoon.
5. Remove the dough onto wax paper or a plate to cool.





No comments:

Post a Comment